Area 705 Roller Derby welcomes experienced Skaters to the league throughout the season. To be considered for recruitment to Area 705 Roller Derby, a Skater must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and identify as female
- Be equipped with all required safety equipment for playing Flat Track Roller Derby and ensure that equipment is in safe working order
- Provide a valid CRDi Skater Insurance Card or purchase CRDi Skater Insurance
- Be a member in good standing with current/previous league
- Complete and submit the Transfer Skater Form online or to an Executive Committee Member
- Pay all required fees prior to start date
- Resign from any league or team she currently belongs to
Skaters who have completed Fresh Meat Training and passed a Minimum Skating Skills Requirement will be required to perform a Safety Assessment and demonstrate sound knowledge of the Rules of Flat Track Roller Derby. Upon successful completion of required skills assessments, all Transfer Skaters must comply with the expectations of an Active League Member throughout for a 30 day probationary period. Following a 30 day probationary period, Transfer Skaters may become Regular League Members at the discretion of the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee reserves the right to offer a Transfer Skater Active Member Status, an extended probationary period, or decline the Transfer Skater’s Application.
Skaters unable to successfully complete the safety test may be required to transfer to the Area 705 Fresh Meat Program or be granted an extended probationary period.
Skaters who have not completed Fresh Meat Training or have not yet passed their Minimum Skating Skills Requirement with her former league are welcome to transfer to Area 705 Fresh Meat Program.
Admission to Area 705 Roller Derby does not guarantee being rostered for game play. All Active League Members must maintain skill level, fitness, and meet attendance requirements in order to be rostered for regular season games.
Area 705 Roller Derby thanks all applicants for their interest, however, at the present time, a skater playing for Area 705 Roller Derby may only play for Area 705 Roller Derby teams. This ensures that area leagues maintain enrollment to build strong, competitive teams.
Good with that? Still interested? Complete our Transfer Skate Form.